Thursday, February 16, 2012

Back Home Again in Indiana

This was my first full week in my new office. Which is sweltering. Which also has a refrigerator available to put my fresh foods in. But it also makes it difficult to get into a rythm living in a different hotel room every couple of days. Regardless, I've been doing my best.

Monday morning I got up and lifted back and biceps. I was still at home and wanted to make the best use of the gym. Great pump and it felt good to lift heavy again.

Wednesday night I got the opportunity to try Cross Fit. I had purchased a Cross fit membership for DH for his birthday last year and finally felt confident in my body to try it myself. We did the following baseline assessment:
500 m row
40 squats
30 sit ups
20 push ups
10 pull ups

I completed this in 6:55 using the black band for assisted pull ups. Next time, I'll shoot for push ups on my toes and the green band for pull ups. And a shorter time.

This evening I'm planning on lifting legs and doing a treadmill 4 miles. The Glass City Half Marathon is only 2 months away and I have 5.1 miles to run. Better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment