Saturday, January 7, 2012

Exhausted

Well today has been nothing but relaxing and exhausting all at the same time. Let's recap the rest of yesterday:

Lunch was Cheddar's with the group. My least favorite place in the whole world. I always get sick when I eat there. It was the welcome lunch for the new employee in my department. All 12 of us went, shared their spinach artichoke dip (had 4 chips), loaded fries and handmade onion rings (had 2). Ultimately I had a side salad with honey mustard on the side (did not eat the giant croissant that came with it) and a grilled portabello mushroom ciabatta sandwich, no pesto mayo. I could barely make it back to the office.

I didn't eat an afternoon snack as I was super full from lunch which worked out well because we ended up going for sushi with friends. GREAT sushi! Bob and I shared 2 spicy yellowtail rolls, a spicy tuna roll, a sunshine roll, a spicy/crunchy scallop roll, and I had an eel roll (my personal favorite). I got all my water in yesterday too. When we got home, I literally crashed after I took all my bedtime meds. I've been using melatonin for the past few nights to help me go to sleep. Holy cow! I can barely make it 35 minutes after I take it before I'm sawing logs.

Fast forward to today. Cycle and Yoga this morning kicked my butt! I take an hour long cycle class almost every Saturday at a separate gym in the next town over. I love the instructor, and try not to miss a class. I hadn't done one since before Christmas, so it was nice to get back into it. I followed cycle with an hour long yoga class. Today was rough! We did a lot of standing poses and my feet did not like that at all. Just goes to show you how dependent our feet are on our comfy cushiony shoes.

After I burned about 700 calories between the two classes, I got home (after drinking my Shakeology on the way home!) and cleaned. Dished, vacuuming, sweeping, laundry. A family friend who goes to college in town is spending the night before the dorms open, and we needed to do some serious cleaning. After I wore myself out doing that, left over spaghetti squash and homemade garlic bread served as my lunch. Followed by a 3.5 hour nap! I was pooped!

Just finished cleaning up and now just hanging out. No clue yet what we're doing for the night, either Karaoke in a questionable townie bar 2 towns over, bed early or out in the college town. Decisions, decisions. Regardless, training run tomorrow for the marathon relay I volunteered for in April. That's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment